Saturday, January 28, 2023

Saturday

 I haven't taken any pictures lately. I've just been tired. The winter blues have me blaaaaaah feeling.

A nasty wind storm melted all the snow, but it's still cold out there. Today we actually had sun! We had to drive out of town to a laundromat and I didn't even need my coat while I sat in the car. Oh yes we have to visit the laundromat because pipes busted all over the place in the house during the big freeze. The house has no heat so it's going to be awhile before hubbs can attempt to fix it. I think two of the cabins had a busted water pipe as well, but he was able to get the occupied cabin fixed ASAP.

In ferret news.... Yesterday my Tonka bear turned 2 years old and George turned 1 year old! They are the youngest, but also the biggest. All six ferrets and one cat ate nearly an entire bag of Stella & Chewy's freeze dried rabbit "treats". At $10-$15 for the small bag, I can't afford to feed it daily! They wish!

Something new I recently learned about ferrets is that their fur color changes are not caused by season, but by photosynthesis. I guess technically that is also considered seasonal, but a lot of ferrets born in the "off season" change their coats opposite those born in normal breeding seasons. Marshals is not a responsible breeder, but they supply the US with nearly all the pet ferrets, so you get what you get. I did find a handful of responsible ferret breeders, most of them are on the east half of the country so maybe someday I can get one from a breeder instead.

Yes I talk too much about ferrets. They are my babies. My spirit animal. :-p I actually have a t-shirt that says "My patronus is a ferret". 

But I don't plan to turn into a ferret blog. I will share about them just like people share their dogs and cats. :-p 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday

 I haven't taken any pictures lately. I've just been tired. The winter blues have me blaaaaaah feeling. A nasty wind storm melted al...